Widely recognized as one of the premier contemporary dance companies worldwide led by Artistic Director Rami Be’er, Kibbutz Contemporary Dance Company performs year-round in some of the most respected international theaters and festivals and is one of Israeli’s elite cultural ambassadors.
The dance company was founded in 1973 by Auschwitz survivor Yehudit Arnon and has since developed what is known as the International Dance Village; offering year-round dance education programs to international dance students as well as programming for troubled youth and woman combating domestic violence. Our Village houses 10 dance studios, a magnificent theater, and accommodation for over 100 dance students and professionals to continue to develop their skills and pursue their career as dancers at the highest level. We’re founded on the ideal of first-class performing arts, education and community service.
We are continuously eager to continue our development, nurture new partnerships and collaborations internationally as an organization and as a center of premier arts, culture, and education.
Furthermore, we welcome tourists all year-round as we provide them with a hands-on glimpse into the fascinating Israeli world of dance, artistic creation, and history.
Over the past year, the activities within the International Dance Village have included:
– Programs for Advanced Dancers (‘Excellence Program’)
– The Pre-Professional Dance Journey Program for International Dancers – In collaboration with The Jewish Agency (Masa Israel)
– Summer Intensive Dance Program | A 2, 4, and 6-week program for students from both Israel and abroad
– Dance workshops for students from dance academies and centers from across the country
– A special dance program for at-risk youth
– A multi-cultural project bringing together Jews & Arabs who share a common love for dance
– Working with communities with special needs, mentally-ill populations, victims of domestic abuse, and more.
Here Is Where You Come In…
We welcome new partners to join this inspirational and exceptional world-class organization and invite you to join those that enable this dream to continually be realized.
By doing so, you will become active partners that directly influence the promotion of such values such as culture, art, excellence and community outreach; all in one place.
For all support and donation matters, please contact:
We thank all our Friends of the Kibbutz Contemporary Dance Company, including organizations, public institutions and many individuals who support us daily and take part in our development including:
Dance Department Chair, Ministry of Culture & Sport
Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Kashtum)
The Beracha Foundation
MASA Israel (in partnership with The Jewish Agency for Israel)
The Kibbutz Movement
Mate Asher Regional Council
Raya Strauss Ben-Dror, Patron of KCDC
The Steinmentz Family
The Sagol Family
The Galileo Foundation
The Angel Foundation
Miluout – Corporation for the Development of Haifa Bay Settlements
TAG Medical Products
The Marc Rich Foundation
Kibbutz Ein HaMifratz
ICA in Israel
Kibbutz Contemporary Dance Company is a registered Non-Profit Organization (ID: 580503613). Contributions are tax-deductible under Section 46 A of the Income Tax Ordinance.
Support Options Include:
– Dance Scholarships to Israeli and International Dance Students
– Performance Subsidies to Disadvantaged Youth
– Support for Dance Projects for At-Risk-Youth and Domestic Violence
– Support for Multicultural Projects Bringing Together Jewish and Arab Youth
– Support for Infrastructure Development at the International Dance Village
The International Dance Village and Kibbutz Contemporary Dance Company is a magnet for cultural development in the Galilee. It is because of them that there exists an industry of art and culture. Equally important, the youth in the Galilee is given the opportunity to express itself creatively and it’s upon us to support and develop them. Raya Strauss
The combination of the International Dance Village and the exciting artistry of Rami Be’er, brings about a level of unparalleled excellence to the work of Kibbutz Contemporary Dance Company and a sense of inspiration to all the region’s residents and visitors alike.
We have the duty and the privilege to support amazingly ambitious youth and enable them to reach significant achievements that bring honor to our country and contribute to society.